- Solving problems is a major task in almost all job roles: A customer service representative who has to address a customer complaint, an IT person who has to fix a bug in a software, an engineer who has to eliminate a malfunction of a product and so on.
- To solve a problem you need a systematic approach and the right attitude towards problems.
- In this course you will learn about both.
Steps to solving a problem
- Identifying the problem
- Defining goals
- Apply methods of solution finding
- Assessing alternatives and choosing the solution
- Execution of the chosen solution
- Evaluation or cycle of learning
The problem and I
- My role in solution finding: Am I part of the problem or part of the solution?
- Different attitudes towards problem